The latest addition to their AeroGMT collection, Ball watches have released the Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon AeroGMT II watch. This stunning, fully equipped model is a limited edition of 1,000 pieces and is the first timepiece from the brand to feature an external GMT bezel decorated with their famous and unmissable micro gas lights.
The Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon AeroGMT II watch could be the American manufacturer’s most luminous design yet with a total of 43 micro gas tubes adorning the curved sapphire bezel, hands and dial. The beauty of Ball’s micro gas tubes is that they do not require any external source of power unlike most luminous markers found on watches. Instead, the bright combination of green, orange and yellow tubes will endlessly glow for around 25 years.
The polished stainless steel case of the Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon AeroGMT II watch measures to 42mm in width and 13.85mm in height. The case is fully equipped to resist almost anything thrown at it including domed shaped anti-reflective sapphire crystal glass, 100 metre water resistance, anti-magnetic technology to 4,800A/m and a shock resistance of 7,500Gs. On the right-hand side, the timepiece also boasts a striking crown protection system which includes a protective plate that slides over the screw-down crown to increase both water and shock resistance.
The dial is available in both blue or black and is kitted out with hour and minute hands, a sweeping second hand, a luminous time zone indicator and a date window at 3 o clock. Neatly paired with these functions is a specially decorated case back engraved with a world time chart showing the offset from GMT of 24 different cities. Powering the Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon AeroGMT II watch is the BALL RR1201-C automatic calibre which is a chronometer COSC certified movement which boasts a power reserve of 42 hours.
The Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon AeroGMT II watch is currently available on a stainless steel bracelet for £2,770 and a black rubber strap for £2,580. We are certain that this timepiece is going to be popular with both diver and aviation watch lovers thanks to its impressive functionality and unmissable aesthetic. However, with only 1,000 pieces available we can’t be sure how long it is going to last on sale. For more information on this watch and where to order your own, click here.
- Case Size: 42mm width, 13.85mm height
- Case Material: Polished 316L stainless steel
- Bezel: Bidirectional, sapphire curved with micro gas tubes
- Movement: Automatic calibre BALL RR1201-C, chronometer certified COSC
- Functions: Hour, minute, sweeping seconds, date at 3 o clock and time zone indicator
- Shock Resistance: 7,500Gs
- Water Resistance: 100 metres
- Antimagnetic: 4,800A/m
- Dial: Black or blue with micro gas tubes
- Glass: Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment
- Crown: Screw down with patented protection system
- Strap: Stainless steel or black rubber
- Limited Edition: 1,000 pieces
- RRP: £2,770 (Steel), £2,580 (Rubber)