Just yesterday, Garmin announced the launch of an incredible new series of solar powered watches and within the collection was the stealthy Garmin Tactix Delta Solar Edition smartwatch. The new wearable features Garmin’s innovative Power Glass solar charging lens which adds an additional 4 days of charge on top of the already impressive 21 day battery life. Alongside its solar powered dial, the smartwatch remains a useful piece of tactical training equipment with mapping, music, advanced training features and more.
Garmin unveiled their first solar powered smartwatch just last year with the Fenix 6X Pro Solar but until now, this was their only solar model. Now we have a stunning range of new Garmin Instinct Solar watches, Garmin Fenix Solar 6S and 6 watches and of course, the new Garmin Tactix Delta Solar Edition. It’s 24 day battery life in standard smartwatch mode is powered by Garmin’s Power which works by using a very thin 1mm wide strip just on the inside of the bezel and another under the display face to absorb energy from the sun and turn it into battery life. The default dial on the watch will also feature a sun icon with a total of 10 ‘rays’ to demonstrate the intensity level of the sun you are stood in. When no rays are shown you are likely sat in the shade, but when you step out into the sunshine the dial will show you a ray for every 10% of intensity.
As well as the Garmin Tactix Delta Solar smartwatch having a 24 day battery life with solar in standard smartwatch mode it also boasts up to 120 days with solar in Battery Saver Watch Mode, 66 hours with solar in GPS mode, 16 hours with GPS and Music, 148 hours in Max Battery GPS Mode and 56 days with Expedition GPS Activity. This incredible battery life means no matter how long your mission may take, you can feel confident knowing you are fully equipped for a solid three weeks, and thanks to the unique Power Manager feature, you can view how various settings and sensors impact your battery life, so you can make battery-extending changes when needed.
Aside from its new solar powered battery, the Garmin Tactix Delta Solar watch is largely similar to its predecessor. It remains ruggedly built to military standards MIL-STD-810 with a sophisticated black DLC coated steel bezel and scratch resistant sapphire crystal glass to house the solar-harvesting technology. The case is fitted with a knurled buttons for easy use even with thick gloves on and a comfortable yet durable strap engineered from nylon and silicone.
The Garmin Tactix Delta Solar Edition smartwatch remains a must-have for military personnel or intense adventurers with an incredible range of James Bond-esque features. Night Vision capability allows you to switch easily between daytime view and night-time view with a screen that can be read by night vision goggles. Jumpmaster mode works to calculate high-altitude release points according to military guidelines and help navigate you to your objective once you’ve jumped. You also get the classic dual-grid format so you can easily sync your location with others in your patrol by seeing both the universal transverse mercator (UTM) and military grid reference system (MGRS) on the same screen. Lastly, Stealth Mode gives you the option to stop storing and sharing your GPS position and disable wireless connectivity and communication if needed.
Alongside the standard Garmin Tactix Delta Solar smartwatch, Garmin have also announced the release of a Tactix Delta Solar Edition with Ballistics. This remarkable new release features all the same functionality as the standard model alongside same all-black steel case and black nylon band but with brand new AB Elite software. This technology enables you to calculate long-range shooting in the field with a built-in ballistics calculator. The standard Garmin Tactix Delta Solar will retail at £999 while the Ballistics Edition comes in a little more costly at £1,249.
Despite their unveiling only yesterday, the Garmin Tactix Delta Solar watch and the Garmin Tactix Delta Solar Edition with Ballistics are already available to order on the Jura Watches website. At the time of writing this, both models are currently in stock with free next day delivery as well as interest free finance up to 60 months. If you’d like to get your hands on your own, head over to Jura Watches today or get in touch with the team on 01335 453453 or at email@example.com!
Specifications: Garmin Tactix Delta Solar
- Case Size: 51mm
- Case Material: DLC Stainless steel
- Lens: Power Sapphire
- Strap: Nylon and silicone
- Weight: 97g
- Battery Life: Up to 24 days in smartwatch mode, up to 120 days in Battery Saver Mode, 66 hours in GPS mode, up to 16 hours in GPS + Music, 148 hours in Max Battery GPS Mode and 56 days in Expedition GPS Activity
- Water Resistance: 100 metres
- Memory: 32MB
- Clock Features: Time, date, GPS Time Sync, Automatic Daylight Saving Time, Alarm Clock, Timer, Stopwatch, Sunrise/Sunset Times
- Health Monitoring: Wrist based heart rate, Daily resting heart rate, Abnormal heart rate alerts, Pulse Ox Blood Oxygen Saturation, Fitness age, Body Battery Energy monitor, All-day stress tracking, Relaxation reminders, Relaxation breathing timer, Sleep, Hydration, Menstrual cycle
- Sensors: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate monitor, Barometric altimeter, Compass, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Thermometer, Pulse Ox Blood Oxygen Saturation monitor
- Daily Smart Features: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi & ANT+ Connectivity, Connect IQ, Smart notifications, Text response/Reject phone call with text, Calendar, Weather, Battery Saver, Controls smartphone music, Plays and controls watch music, Music storage for up to 2,000 songs, Find my phone, Find my watch, VIRB remote, iPhone & Android compatibility, Pairs with Garmin Connect Mobile, Garmin Pay
- Safety and Tracking Features: LiveTrack, Group LiveTrack, Live Event Sharing, Incident Detection, Assistance
- Tactical Features: Dual Grid Coordinates, Stealth Mode, Night Vision Mode, Kill Switch
- Activity Tracking Features: Step counter, Move bar, Autogoal, Calories burned, Floors climbed, Distance travelled, Intensity minutes, TrueUp, Move IQ