Oris continues its long and successful partnership with the Williams F1 Racing team with the release of their new 2018 Oris Williams F1 Martini Racing Limited Edition watch. This iconic collaboration has brought us some fantastic timepieces like their Oris Chronoris Williams watch which celebrated the 40th anniversary of the Williams Racing team earlier this year. This time, the Oris Williams F1 Martini Racing watch celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Martini Racing Team with a stunning set of 500 limited edition pieces.
By combining the exceptional prowess of Oris’ Swiss watchmaking skills with the bold and unmissable aesthetics of the Martini race cars, both brands have exerted themselves to create a truly stunning limited edition Oris Williams F1 Martini Racing watch. The stainless steel case and tachymeter scale top ring measures to 44mm in diameter and is fitted with high-end sapphire crystal glass with an anti-reflective treatment coated on the inside for effortless readability.
The dial of the Oris Williams F1 Martini Racing watch might be a bit busy for some, but the immaculate Oris 774 automatic winding movement provides centre hands for hours, minutes and chronograph 1/4 seconds, 3 subsidiary dials for continuous seconds, 30 minutes and 12 hours counter and a date feature at 6 o clock. Meanwhile the iconic dark blue, light blue and red striped accents on the black carbon fibre dial are reminiscent of the colours found on the Martini race cars.
The Oris 774 automatic movement used is based on the SW 500 and offers a power reserve of 48 hours, 28,800 vph and 25 jewels. The red motored movement is kept hidden behind a stainless steel closed case back which has been detailed with a special edition engraving of the Martini Racing’s 50th anniversary logo. The case back is also decorated by the Oris Williams F1 Martini Racing model number and the one-of-a-kind limited edition number.
The Oris Williams F1 Martini Racing watch is expected to be released towards the end of November this year and will be available on a stainless steel bracelet or a sporty black rubber strap. There has been no confirmation of prices yet, but we expect the bracelet model to be around £2,350 while the rubber is estimated at £2,200. If you want to be one of the first to get your hands on this 500-piece limited edition Oris Williams F1 Martini Racing watch, we highly recommend placing a pre-order for one here.
- Case Size: 44mm
- Case Material: Stainless steel
- Bezel: Steel with tachymeter scale
- Glass: Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on inside
- Case Back: Steel with special Martini Racing 50th anniversary logo engraving
- Water Resistance: 100 metres
- Movement: Oris 774 automatic winding
- Functions: Centre hands for hours, minutes and chronograph 1/4 seconds, 3 subsidiary dials for continuous seconds, 30 minutes and 12 hours counter and date window at 6 o clock
- Power Reserve: 48 hours
- Vibrations: 28’800 A/h, 4 Hz
- Jewels: 25
- Dial: Black carbon fibre dial with Martini Racing stripes, hands and indices with Superluminova
- Limited Edition: 500 pieces
- RRP: To be confirmed
- Release Date: November 2018