Garmin show no signs of slowing down with their latest Garmin MARQ watch collection that was released earlier this year. The range was especially designed for champions of every environment with specific models tailored to specific types of wearers. Now, the new Garmin MARQ Commander joins its high-end smartwatch brothers to become the ultimate tactical instrument suitably engineered for brave adventurers, soldiers and weekend warriors.
It is widely known that Garmin watches are used by the military to train and navigate their way through missions, and the Garmin MARQ Commander seems to a perfect replacement for many of their older tactical training models. Alongside a stealthy aesthetic, the smartwatch introduces a brand new hardware which includes a pusher on the case that, when pressed, erases sensitive personal data. This ‘kill switch’ along with its new stealth mode seems spotlessly engineered to reduce the risk of exposing communication data including GPS position sharing and wireless communication for those in the military, while providing those of us who are everyday wearer’s with additional personal security and our own James Bond style gadget!
The case material and strap design of the Garmin MARQ Commander Smartwatch is its very own spy tool with a matte diamond-like carbon coated titanium bezel that is designed to help you move undetected in the shadows. The case and bezel measure to a statement size of 46mm and come decorated with UTC markings for precise timing and synchronisation. The strap is also beautifully crafted from tritone jacquard-weave and fitted with a matching black coated titanium pin buckle. For easy legibility of the sunlight-visible display, sapphire crystal glass is equipped to provide incredible scratch resistance and assist with its water resistance of 100 metres.
For those of you who are brave enough to challenge the elements, the Garmin MARQ Commander has everything you could possibly need complete your mission. It’s dual-format GPS coordinates and TopoActive Europe maps offer unparalleled situational awareness while the multiple global navigation satellite systems which include GPS, GLONASS and Galileo allow you to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone. The ABC sensors which include altimeter, barometer and 3-axis electronic compass give you that final bit of information to help plan for elevation, weather and distance.
The luxury smartwatch continues to impress with a huge range of functions that are designed for everyday activities and workouts too. The wrist based heart rate monitor allows you to accurately monitor the calories burned while the Pulse Ox monitor gives you an awareness to how well your body’s oxygen levels are adjusting to the thinner air at higher altitudes. Whether you are exploring the peaks of mountains or getting on with daily chores, the Garmin MARQ Commander has a highly reliable battery that lasts up to 12 days in smartwatch mode and 28 hours in GPS mode.
Like all Garmin MARQ smartwatches, the Commander comes with Garmin Pay functionality which allows you to make easy contactless payments through a simple swipe of the wrist. Alongside this, the Garmin MARQ Commander comes with smart notifications that keep you notified of any emails, texts and alerts and a music feature that will keep you entertained with storage for up to 2,000 songs or access to a huge selection of streaming services that can be listened through headphones with Bluetooth technology.
If you like the sound of the new Garmin MARQ Commander smartwatch and would like to order your own, click here.
Specifications: Garmin MARQ Commander Smartwatch 010-02006-10
- RRP: £1,699
- Case Diameter: 46mm
- Case Material: Titanium
- Bezel: Titanium
- Glass: Domed sapphire crystal
- Strap: Nylon (Jacquard weave)
- Battery Life: Up to 12 days in smartwatch mode, up to 28 hours in GPS mode, up to 9 hours in GPS mode with music, up to 48 hours in UltraTrac mode
- Water Resistance: 100 metres
- Clock Features: Time/date, GPS time sync, Automatic daylight-saving time, Alarm clock, Timer, Stopwatch, Sunrise/sunset times
- Sensors: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate monitor, Barometric altimeter, Compass, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Thermometer, Pulse Ox
- Daily Smart Features: Bluetooth, ANT and Wi-Fi Connectivity, Connect IQ, Smart notifications, Text response/reject phone call, Calendar, Weather, Controls smartphone music, Plays and controls watch music, Music storage for up to 2000 songs, Find my Phone, Find my Watch, VIRB camera remote, iPhone and Android compatible, Garmin Connect Mobile compatible, Garmin Pay
- Safety and Tracking Features: LiveTrack, Group LiveTrack, Live Event Sharing
- Tactical Features: Night Vision Mode, Dual Grid Coordinates
- Activity Tracking Features: Step counter, Move bar, Auto goal, Sleep monitoring, Calories burned, Floors climbed, Distance travelled, Intensity minutes, TrueUp, Move IQ, Fitness Age, Body Battery Energy Monitor, All day stress tracking
- Heart Rate Features: HR zones, HR alerts, HR Calories, % HR max, Recovery time, Auto max HR, HR Broadcast, Respiration rate, HRV stress test
- Gym Profiles: Strength, Cardio, Elliptical Training, Stair Stepping, Floor Climbing, Indoor Rowing and Yoga
- Running Profiles: Running, Treadmill Running, Trail Running and Indoor Track Running
- Golfing Features: Preloaded with 41,000 courses, Yardage to front middle and back, digital scorecard, Measures shot distance, Garmin Auto Shot
- Outdoor Recreation Profiles: Hiking, Climbing, Mountain Biking, Skiing, Snowboarding, XC Skiing, Stand Up Paddle boarding, Rowing, Kayaking, Jumpmaster, Tactical
- Cycling Profiles: Biking, Indoor Biking, Mountain Biking, Triathlon
- Swimming Profiles: Pool Swimming, Open Water Swimming, Swimming/Running