Whether you are a music fan or just a timepiece enthusiast, I guarantee everyone is going to be both impressed and touched by the new Raymond Weil Bowie Limited Edition watch. The watch was designed in collaboration with the Swiss watch brand and the David Bowie Estate to pay homage to the legendary and extraordinary career and talent of David Bowie.
This year would have been David Bowie’s 70th birthday, a huge milestone Raymond Weil felt deserved to be remembered. To honour the musician, they chose their ‘most free-spirited model’ the Raymond Weil Freelancer which boasts a stunning 42.5mm stainless steel case and a mechanical self winding movement with a power reserve of 38 hours.
An array of brilliant David Bowie themed details has gone into the design including a vinyl record style dial and a stylised version of the lightning bolt that was famously painted across his face on the cover of the 1973 “Aladdin Sane” album at 12 o clock. At 6 o clock, the dial is also decorated with the infamous red pop art Bowie logo that was design by Andy Warhol for the “Diamond Dogs” album in 1974. But my most favourite design feature of the Raymond Weil Bowie Limited Edition watch is the portrait of the singer found on the case back, a memorable image that was taken by famous photographer Terry O’Neill who has perfectly immortalised the legend.
With only 3000 pieces of the Raymond Weil Bowie Limited Edition watch being made, it is very likely to sell out quickly. The model isn’t released from the brand until September 2017, but it is definitely worth pre-ordering one as soon as possible so you can guarantee delivery of your own. For more information on the timepiece and here to pre-order it, click here.
Specifications: Raymond Weil Watch Bowie Limited Edition – 2731-STC-BOW01
- Limited Edition: 3,000 pieces
- Release Date: September 2017
- Movement: Mechanical self-winding RW4200
- Power Reserve: 38 hours
- Water Resistance: 100 metres
- Jewels: 26
- Functions: Central hours, minutes and seconds
- Case Size: 42.5mm diameter, 10.5m thickness
- Case Material: Stainless Steel
- Case Back: Screw down with sapphire crystal and David Bowie portrait
- Glass: Sapphire crystal with double anti reflective treatment
- Dial: Black galvanic circular satin brushed with lightning bolt and Bowie logo, steel barrel shaped hands set with Superluminova
- Strap: Black calf leather with red stitching and steel folding clasp