In an effort to raise awareness and fund shark conservation, Oris Watches have unveiled their brand new Oris Hammerhead Limited Edition watch. It is a sad reality that much of our precious wildlife is coming subject to the threats of extinction, but it is always uplifting when you hear about large institutions making the effort to help raise funds for these causes.
Through a various collection of special edition Oris Aquis watches, the brand have been funding marine life and reef conservation projects for many oceanography organisations throughout the years. But for 2017, it is the Oris Hammerhead Limited Edition watch that gets to drive the rally. Every sale of the 2,000 limited edition piece will go towards the Hammerhead Conversation Project being run by Pelagios Kakunja. This incredible charity was not only an endeavour of the Oris brand but also their long-time ambassador and professional diver Jerome Delafosse.
The watch itself is truly stunning and does a fantastic job of honouring the Oris Aquis range while bringing to life the cause behind it. It follows a similar design spec to the new, physically lighter collection of Oris Aquis models by housing the Oris calibre 752 automatic winding movement that provides central hours, minutes and seconds hands as well as an enlarged day-date function set on the dial at 3 o clock. Turn the Oris Hammerhead Limited Edition watch over and you will continue to be in awe. On the back is a beautifully detailed engraving of a Hammerhead shark alongside the limited edition number.
The case of the Oris Hammerhead Limited Edition watch measures to a comfortable 45mm and is crafted from stainless steel with a water resistance of 500 metres. Iconic to all Oris Aquis watches, the unidirectional rotating bezel has a striking black ceramic inlay with a divers’ minute scale decorated in beautifully contrasting white. The dial itself is painted grey and set with applied hour markers filled with glow in the dark Superluminova while the hour and minute hands are made from polished nickel and the central hand stands out in a stunning ocean blue.
The Oris Hammerhead watch is not expected to be released from the brand until June 2017, but you can pre-order it already here. The UK price is yet to be confirmed but the Swiss retail price is CHF 2,350 on a strap and CHF 2,550 on metal bracelet.
Specifications: Oris Watch Aquis Hammerhead Limited Edition. 01 752 7733 4183 MB
- Case Size: 45mm
- Case Back: Stainless Steel, Closed, Hammerhead shark engraving
- Dial: Grey with white/blue minute scale and applied indices filled with Superluminova. Polished nickel hour and minute hands with Superluminova inserts. Blue central seconds hand with Superluminova ‘lollipop’ insert
- Glass: Domed Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on the inside
- Movement: Automatic Oris Cal 752 based on Sellita SW 220-1.
- Water Resistance: 500 metres
- Functions: Hour, minute and seconds with big day date at 3 o clock.
- Strap: Available on a black rubber strap with folding clasp or stainless steel bracelet
- Limited Edition: 2,000 pieces