Whenever someone asks us to recommend our favourite pilot watches, Glycine is always brand that finds its way near the top of the list. Their brand new Glycine Airman Airfighter Skeleton watch has only further solidified our love for them with its exceptional skeletonised dial, Swiss automatic movement and chronograph mechanism.
Glycine have been manufacturing pilots watches since the beginning of 1953, when the first Airman watch was designed with its legendary multiple time zone function. The Glycine Airman Airfighter Skeleton watch also boasts its own second time zone displayed on the stainless steel bidirectional turning bezel which has been beautifully engraved with Arabic numerals.
There are three variations of the Glycine Airman Airfighter Skeleton watch available each with its own unique coloured dial. The silver variation comes under reference GL0051, the red under GL0052 and the blue GL0053. Looking at the dial you might think you are looking under the hood of a luxury sports car but the busy assembly is a true work of art. It showcases the GL250 Swiss automatic movement that equips the timepiece with hours and minutes function, a small seconds at 12 o’clock, date window at 3 o’clock and chronograph mechanism.
As well as boasting a power reserve of 38 hours and an incredible 46 jewels, the Glycine Airman Airfighter Skeleton watch is also fitted with chronograph functions including central 60 seconds, 12 hours counter and a 30 minutes counter. The chronograph is operated by the slider at 9 o’clock while the bezel can be locked via the screw-down crown at 4 o’clock. Arming the timepiece with a 100 metre water resistance is a screwed down case back fitted with a stunning sapphire crystal window that allows you to watch the Glycine decorated rotor of the movement.
Although the Glycine Airman Airfighter Skeleton watch doesn’t look like the easiest to read at first glance, you may be surprised when you see it in person. The exquisite layered dial is beautifully decorated with applied indexes and silver polished hands both adorned with Super-LumiNova that glows in the dark. The domed sapphire crystal glass has also been coated in anti-reflective treatment making the dial almost effortless to read.
All three variations of the Glycine Airman Airfighter Skeleton watch retail at £4,765 and are ready to order now. For more information on the collection and where to get your hands on your own, click here.
- Movement: Swiss automatic GL250 chronograph movement
- Jewels: 46
- Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds at 12 o’clock, date at 3 o’clock, second time zone on bezel
- Power Reserve: 38 hours
- Chronograph Mechanism: central 60 seconds, 12 hours counter, 30 minutes counter
- Bezel: Stainless steel, bidirectional turning
- Case Size: 46mm
- Case Material: Satin polished stainless steel
- Water Resistance: 100 metres
- Case Back: Screwed, see through sapphire crystal
- Glass: Domed sapphire crystal with antireflective coating
- Dial: Skeletonised available with grey, red or blue colouring, applied indexes and silver polished hands with Super-LumiNova
- Crown: Screw in
- Strap: Stainless steel bracelet with folding clasp buckle
- RRP: £4,765