With the smartwatch industry evolving faster than anyone could have imagined, the Breitling B55 Exospace Connected Smart watch – which was first revealed at this year’s Baselworld – has cemented its place as one of the finest and unsurpassed models of the lot. I first saw this model in one of the Breitling meeting rooms at their incredibly vast exhibition in Baselworld, an exhibition that stood high and proud in the middle of the main hall and boasted mesmerising displays of colourful jellyfish for all the room to see.
The Breitling B55 Exospace Connected Smart watch was one of the first to catch my eye. This brand new and innovative chronograph takes you for a trip into the future with a pioneering design that offers the wearer the unique ability to connect the watch to their smart phone. The avant-garde timepiece signals whenever a call, notification or calendar update is received by gently vibrating on the wrist and beckoning the wearer through the LCD digital display.
Alongside this exclusive concept, the Breitling B55 Exospace Connected Smart watch still maintains the quality and charisma of a pilot’s watch, a design that is intimate with the brand’s identity. Breitling ambassadors Scott and Mark Kelly, American astronauts who also happen to be brothers, were extremely passionate about this model thanks to its UTC world time and recordable chronograph functions that save precious seconds within the cockpit. By ingeniously combining futuristic connectivity with traditional horology, Breitling have created a masterpiece that has already become one of the most talked about watches of the year.
Breitling B55 Exospace Connected Watch Technical Specifications:
- Movement: SuperQuartz with 12/24 hour LCD digital display, EOL indicator.
- Calibre: Breitling B55 Manufacture Movement
- Case Diameter: 46mm
- Case Material: Titanium
- Reversible Two Time zone Display: One with the hands and the other on the digital display
- Flyback Chronograph: Results can be saved and displayed on a smartphone
- Timer Function: up to 99 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds. Alarm option also available.
- Notifications via smart phone pairing: including SMS, WhatsApp and calls.